Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banksy, U-Hauls & Breakfast

Highlights of the weekend:
-Watched Banksy's film Exit Through the Gift Shop. So awesome. I adored it. It was hilarious, insightful, and just an all-around delightful two hours with Banksy and overnight graffiti artist Thierry Guetta, aka Mister Brainwash. 
Favorite quote from the crazy Guetta: "I'm going to brainwash your FACE."  
And the best part was seeing some footage from Banksy's 2006 show, which Adam and I actually went to back in the day! We had no idea that it was Banksy's first American show until we saw the film. But seriously, we were there. Here's proof:
(I remember it was the HOTTEST day. We stood in line for about 2 1/2 hours)
(a really young Adam next to some grandmas)
(a guy living in an apartment building next to the line of sweaty people lowered cold sodas down for $1. genius.)

...
-Officially moved Adam and his roommate Steve into their new apartment. Fact #1: moving is torture. Fact #2: U-Hauls are incredibly dangerous to drive. If you see one on the road, steer clear!
-Celebrated Allie's 25th birthday at Breakfast in the Park, an adorable cafe in the middle of Huntington Beach's Central Park. It sits right next to a little pond and there are plenty of benches for some al fresco dining, plus the indoor dining room has a little vintage/antique shop attached to it. (The place is so cute and it's closing in September, so go if you can!) We talked for about 3 hours and came to the conclusion that being domesticated is in, 25 is great, and if you sit outside at BITP there is NO wait...which we learned the hard way after standing inside for 45 minutes waiting for a table.
...
Speaking of birthdays, I've decided to never complain about my age again. With every birthday, I always say, "Gosh, I'm so old now." And you know what? I've been saying that since I was 17. So, no more of that. I've decided that I'm however-many-years-YOUNG from now on. At least until I'm 90...because by then, that actually is old. And quite an accomplishment, so might as well brag.