Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Shabu-Shabu Good Time

 I'm not normally a fan of this Japanese-style hot pot business, but after Thursday night, I've changed my mind. Thanks to the wonderful Charles, our whole family was treated to a delicious preview meal at Ka Shabu, which Charles' family is opening up on Main Street in Huntington Beach. In fact, it opens tomorrow at 5 p.m., so if you're in the area and in the mood for a nourishing, healthy meal, go!
...
The entire experience is hands-on, starting with the sesame seeds that you mash up yourself, as demonstrated by my sister, Olivia. (My dad is intensely studying her method.):
Appetizers included sweet potato fries & garlic sauce, which are my weakness in every sense of the word:
 The man of the hour, Charles, managing his proud new restaurant: 
 The salmon entree my sister and I ordered, with heaps of vegetables (plus some amazing sesame and ponzu dipping sauces):
...
Thank you, Charles, for an amazing meal! In my most biased opinion, all of the food was fresh and flavorful, and the service was impeccable :)
No but really, it was. I suspect this place will have very long lines soon.