Saturday, August 14, 2010

Conversations With My Hairdresser

Courtesy of a 33-year-old male we'll call J.

J: Let me guess, you don't have a boyfriend.
Me: Oh, actually, I do.
J: Really? I would've never guessed.
Me: Why's that?
J: Just looking at you, I was so sure you wouldn't have a boyfriend.
Me: .........................

J: I just spotted a couple of gray hairs. You're thinking too much. Stop it.

J: Blegh, I hate reading.
Me: Maybe you haven't found the right books.
J: You're right, I've been meaning to get into self-help.

J: You wanna be a writer? That's it? You don't wanna be on TV or something that's more worth your time?

J: I get the sense that you're a very calm and relaxed girl. But then sometimes I sense there's an animal inside ready to claw its way out whenever it feels like it.